Finally, after weeks (okay months actually) of anxiously waiting, Jesse received our visa from Abu Dhabi this morning. For those of you who keep asking about our time of departure, I can actually give you a day: MARCH 7!
While this news is indeed bittersweet,--knowing that we will be leaving friends and family in two weeks is sad--starting a new adventure abroad is exciting and reason to celebrate!
I would like to thank everyone for their prayers and support during our times of uncertainty. God's goodness and favor is most evident in situations like these--He is all about the details! We are in the process of selling our home now and will have movers come pack up our shipping container right before we depart.
The neighbors across the street recently installed this bench and painted it with the Texas flag. I am sure it is there to discourage metro bus riders from loitering on their lawn, but I would like to think it is Houston's way of saying good-bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment