Monday, September 30, 2013

Spring, Summer, Fall...(yes, I am really 6 months behind on the blog)

The last six months have had their ups and downs, but seeing as it is already October, I figure I should fill you in on some of the highlights.  This way I will be caught up by the time it snows here (sooner than later I should add) and will have something to keep me busy inside.

One of the most exciting happenings last spring was when we finally got off this island! When Jesse and I moved here, I knew that it snowed 6 months out of the year, but that reality hit pretty hard in April as a thick layer of white remained on the ground.  After spending a few weeks in Houston, I returned to Yuzhno where Jesse and I embarked on a two week vacation--to the Maldives!

Not going to lie, this was definitely a dream vacation. It took about 4 planes to get us there, but totally worth the jetlag to arrive in one of the most beautiful destinations I have ever seen. We relaxed on the beach, snorkeled among the gorgeous reefs and took advantage of the very accommodating amenities. It is best described in pictures as I cannot do it justice with mere words :-)




















No comments:

Post a Comment