Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Makes me wanna buy school supplies!

I love the fall, and I love back to school time. I am not in school and do not have kids in school, but September usually means a new year has started. Time to start fresh.  And I cannot help but get excited seeing all of the school supplies at Target--newly sharpened pencils or Scotch tape anyone?

Okay, so I am not anywhere near a Target, but September here is the same.  Every one is back from summer vacations, and Olympia is no longer a ghost town.  Plans are in full swing for the many events that happen here every fall. Oh and did I mention that we actually have a FALL??? Yes, leaves changing, temperatures cooling, the whole package.
Jesse's drilling group came to Olympia for a BBQ.
These are most of his American and Russian co-workers.
We also get to watch college football games thanks to a fancy little device called the Slingbox (or "Slingo" as my in-laws call it) that we set up in Houston. This allows us to stream cable back home.  Between ESPN Watch, the Longhorn Network app, and Slingbox we are able to watch just about any game!  It has been really fun getting up early on Sunday mornings to watch the games with our friends and fellow Aggies/Longhorn fans!

We watched many many Aggie games also, but this was
my husband celebrating with our friend Matt after finally
getting access to the Longhorn Network online. It was a pretty
exciting morning for them!
Also, with September came the cooler temperatures--something that I am definitely not used to at this time of year. Once it got to be in the 40's and 50's my sweet husband broke down and made us the first fire of the season!  Do not be fooled: we don't have a magic switch that turns on a fancy gas fire. This is a homemade legit wood burning fire!


No comments:

Post a Comment